Wednesday 25 January 2017

January Update - The Wolves (and a Rhino) Descend on Prospero

I've slowly but surely started the hard slog through The Burning of Prospero, managing to paint up Geigor Fell-hand, a MKIII marine, as well as basing the Fenrisian Wolves I've had lying around for 18 months. My local GW has an event running in which you have to pledge to paint 2017 points of minis by the end of March. I put my name down to get my wolves done but I'm not confident I'm going to get anywhere near my goal. Either way it'll motivate me to get to work as I have a bad habit of starting a project and never finishing. 


Geigor was a bit of a pain to get finished and took some perseverance. I'd decided to paint him before gluing so I could get at the small details, which resulted in an hour of supergluing and fiddling about with limbs and weapons. In the end I'm quite happy with how he's turned out, especially his backpack mounted wolf skull and his gantlet, and think he'll be a fitting leader for my wolves.





Recently my uncle found a box stuffed with old sprues and lead minis in a charity shop and he sent them my way. After a quick look through it was clear a young child had been bought a truck load of minis and decided that maybe Warhammer wasn't for him. From what I can tell the box includes the old Assault on Black Reach box set, a set of SM Scouts, a Land Raider (which for some reason was coated in superglue and then dunked into sand), 2 boxes of SM Terminators, various lead characters and a Rhino still on the sprue (albeit minus the hatch) and a stack of vehicle and infantry transfer sheets. Not bad for just £20, and despite a lot of the minis having been built and painted poorly, there's still a substantial amount untouched on the sprues which I can put to good use some time in the future. I began work on the Rhino as a transport for my first squad
of MKIII wolves the other night and have thoroughly enjoyed the process and think it's turning out pretty nicely. I might try and fashion a pintle mounted weapon some time in the future as right now it's pretty toothless.




That's all for now. I have some more photographs I took this morning of some other minis I'll be posting later on in the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment