Tuesday 31 January 2017

Vlka Fenryka in February

I aimed to have a full squad of MKIII marines done by the end of January but I unsurprisingly managed to get side tracked. Instead I have 2 MKIIIs, 4 MKIVs, Geigor Fell-Hand, and half a Rhino finished. This month I'm going to try and be a lot more focused and get some squads boxed off, aiming for a 500 point force from the space Wolves 40k codex. 

First up I'm going to have my first 5-man MKIII squad finished along with their accompanying Rhino transport. As well as these I've entered an event on Twitter encouraging participants to work towards getting a squad complete. I've entered a 5 -man Tartaros terminator squad and will have them done by the end of the month as well.

Aside from painting I've also started work on converting some more of my MKIIIs into more close combat focused soldiers. Taking inspiration from various pieces of 30k artwork I ordered a bunch of axes and shields from bitzbox.uk, originally a part of the Chaos Marauders set. I'm aiming to give this squad, which will probably end up as a squad of Wolf Guard, a more Viking aesthetic in order to move away from the modern Space Wolves obsession with over the top fur and wolf skulls.





The above photos are really good examples of the look I'm going for.  Although the marauder shields are a little bit smaller than those pictures, they still retain the same shape after some filing down and attach fairly easily to the MKIII forearm. They also allow the marine to keep hold of their bolter in one hand with the axe in the other.

I aim to have some pictures of a finished squad by this time next week so keep your eyes open, until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing your Squaduary progress.

    ReplyDelete